In the November 6, 2018 election, Arvada residents approved Ballot Issue 3F for a bond issue to fund improvements to Ralston Road and W. 72nd Ave.
The scope of this $50M CM/GC project includes:
- Widening W. 72nd Ave. between Kipling and Simms Streets to match the road east of Kipling, eliminating the bottleneck
- Creating an underpass at the Union Pacific Railroad crossing near Oak St. to eliminate traffic backups
- The addition of bike lanes
- Adding sidewalks for pedestrians
- Upgrading signalized intersections with the latest traffic signal equipment and technology
- Resolving significant drainage issues along W. 72nd Ave