Surveyor Party Chief (Denver, CO)
SEMA Construction, Inc., recently named a 2019 Top Workplace by the Denver Post, has an immediate opening for a Surveyor Party Chief out of our Centennial, Colorado office and work to be performed in the Denver Metro Area. Applicant must be experienced in land survey techniques including making exact measurements and determining property boundaries, and providing data relevant to the shape, contour, gravitation, location, elevation, or dimension of land or land features on or near the earth’s surface for construction purposes.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Verify the accuracy of survey data including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Verify mathematical calculations.
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
- Calculate geographic positions from survey data.
- Gather physical survey data.
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Create maps.
- Conduct surveys to establish legal boundaries
- Compute geodetic measurements and interpret survey data to determine positions, shapes, and elevations
- Calculate geographic positions from survey data
- Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas using theodolites, transits, levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS)
- Record the results of surveys including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features. Survey land or bodies of water to measure or determine features
- Establish fixed points for use in making maps, using geodetic and engineering instruments
- Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements. Survey land or bodies of water to measure or determine features
- Analyze survey objectives and specifications to prepare survey proposals or to direct others in survey proposal preparation
- Familiar with Trimble Business Center equipment and software
- Familiar with construction staking/layout
- Flexible with work schedule
- Willing to learn and/or train others
SEMA Construction, Inc. offers competitive wages and benefits to all employees. SEMA Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.