SEMA Construction, Inc., recently named a Top Workplace, has an immediate opening for an experienced General Superintendent with a background in heavy civil construction. The General Superintendent will be based in our Orlando, Florida office and be responsible for projects located within our Southeast District, therefore must be willing to travel throughout Florida. The General Superintendent will direct the field responsibilities for both self-performing and subcontracted trades.
Position Summary: Responsible for coordinating some activities related to a construction project on-site, completing work ahead of schedule, within budget and specifications. Must have experience with structural concrete and earthwork.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote and comply with all company and safety policies and procedures
- Coordinate and delegate site activities of superintendents, foreman, and field crews
- May work with client in order to keep the project on schedule and under budget
- Plan ahead and order necessary materials or equipment to maintain crew productivity
- Thorough working knowledge of specifications and how they impact the job quality and production
- Recommend best practice improvement for production, performance, quality, and safety
- Assist with field-based hiring and training, and managing employees in a supervisory role
- Must be able to forecast and monitor costs of project
- Demonstrate leadership, lead by example
- Write routine reports and correspondence
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Fifteen years of experience in construction
- Five years of experience in a Superintendent role
- Extensive knowledge of structural concrete and earthwork
- Valid Driver’s License
SEMA Construction offers top wages and benefits to all employees. SEMA Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please click on the link below to complete our online application and attach your resume. No calls please.