SEMA Construction, Inc. has an opening for a Safety Professional for heavy civil construction projects in our Rocky Mountain District, and based out of our Centennial, Colorado office. This position may require travel to project sites outside of the Denver area.
Major Areas of Responsibilities Include:
- Execute and implement SEMA Construction, Inc.’s Health and Safety Program.
- Provide ongoing training for employees to understand, recognize and control health and safety hazards to improve working conditions/practices.
- Identify and correct potential hazards by inspecting job sites, facilities, machinery and safety equipment.
- Ensure that projects comply with OSHA and MSHA health and safety regulations, FRA regulations and SEMA policies and procedures.
- Request and direct the installation of safety devices on equipment, if applicable.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current safety policies, regulations, and construction processes.
- Investigate work related incidents/accidents to determine their causes (root cause analysis) to prevent recurrence.
- Interview subcontractors and their employees to learn about their work to prevent or eliminate potential hazards.
- Implement corrections to remedy safety concerns or observations found during safety inspections.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university or comparable relevant work experience
- 3-5 years of experience as a Safety Professional in heavy civil construction or related field
- Experience and familiarity with highway and bridge construction including:
- OSHA 1926 and 1910 Standards
- Roadway and railroad worker protection regulations
- Heavy equipment including cranes
- Trenching and excavation
- Fall protection
- Confined spaces
- OSHA record keeping
SEMA Construction, Inc. offers competitive wages and benefits to all employees. SEMA Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please click on the link below to complete an online application and attach a resume. No calls please.