Project Manager (Orlando, FL)
SEMA Construction, Inc., a large civil construction company, has an immediate opening for an experienced Project Manager with a background in heavy civil construction and experience directing FDOT and other Florida projects. The Project Engineer will be focused on our projects in the Orlando, Florida area, as well as other projects located within our Southeast District, therefore must be willing to travel. The Project Manager will direct the field responsibilities for both self-performing and subcontracted trades.
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the project; including safety, performance, budget, and quality
- Leads the project team establishes project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate safety and operations policies and OSHA guidelines
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses is on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required
- Prepares project reports for management, project owner, or others
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Assumes additional responsibilities as directed by District and corporate management
- Travel as required to attend meetings, site visits, training, etc
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and operate effectively in a busy environment
- Construction Management or Civil Engineering degree from a four-year university
- Previous experience managing FDOT construction projects
- 5-10 years of project management experience in heavy civil construction
- Proficiency in Viewpoint
- Applicant must be a self-starter who operates independently and thrives in a busy environment
SEMA Construction, Inc. offers competitive wages and benefits to all employees. SEMA Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please click on the link below to complete our online application and attach your resume. No calls please.