Project Manager (San Diego, CA)
SEMA Construction, Inc., recently named a 2019 Top Workplace, has an immediate opening for an experienced Project Manager with a background in heavy civil construction. The Project Manager will be based out of our Temecula, CA office, however will primarily work on-site at a large civil project in San Diego and will later be responsible for other projects within our California District. The right candidate will direct the field responsibilities for both self-performing and subcontracted trades.
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Coordinating with superintendents and foreman to ensure project goals and expectations are met.
- Assure project compliance with SEMA’s safety policies and OSHA safety standards.
- Must be able to manage changes in scope of work and be proficient in Viewpoint.
- Schedule and supervise foreman and field personnel with daily schedules including materials, subcontractors, equipment, quality control, etc.
- Prepare project planning to include project definition, scope, resources, budget, and schedule.
- Establish baseline schedule from the job estimate.
- Manage project budget and processes change orders as needed.
- Negotiate contracts and provide customer support on all jobs.
- Coordinate and delegate timely completion of traffic control plans, equipment mobilization, safety plans, haul road plans, erosion control plans, purchase ordering, job costing, and other duties as required.
- Manage all sub-contractors for timely completion and quality.
- Directs multiple projects simultaneously.
- Construction Management or Engineering degree from a four-year university
- Minimum of five years of project experience in heavy civil construction
- Experience working with CALTRANS
- Proficiency in Viewpoint a plus
- Applicant must be a self-starter who operates independently and thrives in a busy environment
SEMA Construction offers competitive wages and benefits to all employees. SEMA Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.