SEMA Construction, Inc., recently named a Top Workplace, has an immediate opening for an experienced Project Engineer with a background in heavy civil construction. The Project Engineer will be responsible for projects located within our Rocky Mountain District, based out of our Colorado Springs field office. The candidate will assist Project Management in the direction of field responsibilities for both self-performing and subcontracted trades.
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Coordinating with superintendents and foreman to ensure project goals and expectations are met.
- Assisting Project Manager to assure project compliance with SEMA’s safety policies and OSHA safety standards.
- Must be able to manage changes in scope of work and be proficient in Viewpoint.
- Assist with schedule and coordinate with foreman and field personnel with daily schedules including materials, subcontractors, equipment, quality control, etc.
- Assist project planning to include project definition, scope, resources, and schedule.
- Assist with baseline schedule from the job estimate.
- Processes change orders as needed.
- Assist with contracts and provide customer support on all jobs.
- Assist and coordinate and delegate timely completion of traffic control plans, equipment mobilization, safety plans, haul road plans, erosion control plans, purchase ordering, job costing, and other duties as required.
- Coordinate with all sub-contractors for timely completion and quality.
- Construction Management or Engineering degree from a four-year university
- Minimum of three years of project experience in heavy civil construction
- Experience working with CDOT preferred
- Proficiency in Viewpoint is preferred but not required
- Applicant must be a self-starter who operates independently and thrives in a busy environment
To apply, please click on the link below to complete our online application and attach a resume.
SEMA Construction offers competitive wages and benefits to all employees. SEMA Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.