SEMA Construction, Inc., a large civil construction company, has an immediate opening for an experienced Project Field Engineer with a background in heavy civil construction. The Project Field Engineer will be based in our Denver, Colorado office and responsible for projects located within our Rocky Mountain District, therefore must be willing to travel. The Project Field Engineer will direct the field responsibilities for both self-performing and subcontracted trades.
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Coordinating with superintendents and foreman to ensure project goals and expectations are met.
- Assure project compliance with SEMA’s safety policies and OSHA safety standards.
- Must be able to manage changes in scope of work and be proficient in Viewpoint.
- Schedule and supervise foreman and field personnel with daily schedules including materials, subcontractors, equipment, quality control, etc.
- Prepare project planning to include project definition, scope, resources, and schedule.
- Establish baseline schedule from the job estimate.
- Processes change orders as needed.
- Negotiate contracts and provide customer support on all jobs.
- Coordinate and delegate timely completion of traffic control plans, equipment mobilization, safety plans, haul road plans, erosion control plans, purchase ordering, job costing, and other duties as required.
- Manage all sub-contractors for timely completion and quality.
- Directs multiple projects simultaneously.
- Construction Management or Engineering degree from a four-year university
- 2-5 years of project experience in heavy civil construction
- Proficiency in Viewpoint Construction Management Software is a plus
- Applicant must be a self-starter who operates independently and thrives in a busy environment
SEMA Construction, Inc. offers competitive wages and benefits to all employees. SEMA Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please click on the link below to complete our online application and attach your resume. No calls please.