SEMA Construction, Inc, recently named a 2019 & 2018 Top Workplace by the Denver Post, is seeking an experienced Schedule Engineer for heavy civil construction projects. Ideally, the Schedule Engineer will be based out of SEMA’s Corporate office in Centennial, CO. The ideal candidate will be a strong collaborator and will report to SEMA’s Senior Scheduler. Candidate must possess heavy civil, alternative delivery, transportation, and public works scheduling experience.
The Schedule Engineer will utilize Primavera P-6 Scheduling Software to plan and schedule activities for a variety of construction project types including rip-and-read, design-build, and CM/GC. The Schedule Engineer will work directly with various project teams across SEMA’s Texas, Rocky Mountain, and Southeast Districts, so some travel will be required. This is a client-facing position that requires 100% on-time project schedule delivery. The Schedule Engineer must be a self-starter, and a team player with strong organizational and problem solving skills. Location flexibility will be considered for the right candidate.
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise all planning and scheduling efforts for large civil projects
- Work with project management team to develop schedules
- Interface with project management, project Owners, and subcontractors on all scheduling related issues, including reporting requirements, progress status, and preparing time impact analysis.
- Write monthly analysis and weekly reports
- Work with project team on what-if schedules to analyze impacts of differing construction means and methods
- Ensure that SEMA’s planning and schedule standards are implemented and that all project related activities comply
- Perform independent, alternative planning level schedules
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of schedule
- Manage and coordinate with project management team to complete monthly status and narrative requirements
- Read and interpret plans and specifications for the development of schedules
- 5+ years of scheduling experience
- Strong technical skills including advanced skills in Primavera P-6 scheduling software
- 4-year degree in Engineering or Construction related field, or equivalent combinations of technical training and experience
- Strong verbal communication skills and technical writing skills
- Experience managing multiple projects, plans and schedules
- MS Project experience preferred
SEMA Construction, Inc. offers top industry wages and benefits to all employees. SEMA Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.