SEMA Rocky Mountain District - Current Opportunities
Alternate Delivery Director
Location: Denver, Colorado
Salary Range: Based on Experience
SEMA Construction, Inc., recently named a Top Workplace for the 3rd year in a row by the Denver Post, has an exciting opportunity opening for an experienced and proven Alternate Delivery Director with a strong background in design, alternate delivery contracting, and relationship building in the heavy civil industry. The Alternate Delivery Director will be based in SEMA’s corporate office in Centennial, Colorado and will be responsible for pursuing and managing significant alternate delivery projects within our Rocky Mountain District. We are looking for a Licensed Professional Engineer with at least 15 years of experience as a Design Manager who possesses an in-depth understanding of the heavy civil design life-cycle across major scope areas, including but not limited to: roadway, structures, earthwork, underground utilities, traffic control, and construction phasing. The ideal candidate will have successful career experience in managing designers and the design process, pursuing and managing alternate delivery projects, and business development/relationship building within these key Colorado heavy civil market sectors: highways/bridges, water resource, and heavy rail. Major Areas of Responsibilities Include:
- Lead SEMA’s Alternate Delivery Team that includes members from our executive team, estimating, project management, field operations, and marketing in the pursuit and execution of major alternate delivery transportation projects
- Lead the development of innovative (technical and non-technical) win strategies in the pursuit of new alternate delivery projects
- Draw upon existing industry relationships and establish new ones to develop strategic partnerships for future pursuits
- Utilize strong industry relationships (with Owners and Consultants) to discover and track the progress of future pursuits
- Identify internal and external resources needed for specific alternate delivery project pursuits, including design managers and key subcontractors
- Negotiate teaming agreements and design subcontracts with other engineering entities
- Manage all alternate delivery design engineers (both internal to SEMA and external partners) to ensure design deliverables are met on time
- Contribute strong technical content, including innovative approaches, risk mitigation strategies, and technical write-ups, in the preparation of RFQs and proposals
- Represent SEMA in a lead role in all key alternate delivery interviews and client meetings
- Act as Project Manager for CM/GC and design-build projects of all sizes and all market scope types within the heavy civil industry, and exceed Owner expectations in the following areas:
- Collaborating with project Owners, during both preconstruction services and construction services to ensure SEMA’s delivery of project scopes, decisions, budgets, and timeline deliverables to exceed the project goals.
- Performing as a strong partner who creates cohesion among a variety of personnel who make up CM/GC and design-build project teams and stakeholder groups
- Acting as a constructability expert, who provides leadership for the design and construction teams and develops innovative and cost savings solutions in response to project constraints
- Collaborating with estimating on alternative cost analyses that incorporate numerous scenarios involving innovation, risk, schedule, optimized packaging, and design change concepts
- Proven track record of effectively directing multiple projects and pursuits, consecutively
- Licensed Professional Engineer (State of Colorado)
- Construction Management or Civil Engineering degree from a four-year university
- Minimum of 15 years of successful experience as a transportation Design Manager, with experience on both the pursuit and project management sides of the business
- Minimum of 20 years of project experience in heavy civil construction
- Established strong relationships in the Colorado transportation design and heavy civil construction industry strongly preferred (references will be required)
- Exceptional technical writing skills
- Superior verbal communication and presentation skills
- Charismatic, creative, and innovative personality with experience leading teams through winning pursuits
- Problem solver with the ability to lead strong teams, manage challenging circumstances, and meet aggressive deadlines
Project Engineer (Colorado Springs, CO)
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Salary Range: Based on Experience
SEMA Construction, Inc., recently voted a Top Workplace by the Denver Post for the third year in a row, has immediate openings for an experienced Project Engineer with a background in heavy civil construction. The Project Engineer will be responsible for assisting with projects located within our Rocky Mountain District in Colorado Springs, CO. Major areas of responsibility include:
- Coordinating with superintendents and foremen to ensure project goals and expectations are met.
- Assisting Project Manager to assure project compliance with SEMA’s safety policies and OSHA safety standards.
- Must be able to manage changes in scope of work and be proficient in Viewpoint.
- Assist with schedule and coordinate with foreman and field personnel with daily schedules including materials, subcontractors, equipment, quality control, etc.
- Assist project planning to include project definition, scope, resources, and schedule.
- Assist with baseline schedule from the job estimate.
- Processes change orders as needed.
- Assist with contracts and provide customer support on all jobs.
- Assist and coordinate and delegate timely completion of traffic control plans, equipment mobilization, safety plans, haul road plans, erosion control plans, purchase ordering, job costing, and other duties as required.
- Coordinate with all sub-contractors for timely completion and quality.
- Construction Management or Engineering degree from a four-year university
- 5+ years of project experience in heavy civil construction for jobs exceeding $100+Million
- Experience working with CDOT and City & County of Denver preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Applicant must be a problem solver and self-starter who operates independently and thrives in a busy environment
- Proven ability to stay with a single employer for over three years
Cost Estimator (Denver, CO)
Location: Denver, Colorado
Salary Range: Based on Experience
SEMA Construction, recently named a Top Workplace, has an immediate opening for an experienced Cost Estimator with a background in heavy civil construction. The Cost Estimator will be based in our Centennial, Colorado office and be responsible for earthwork, structures, and underground utilities projects located within our Rocky Mountain District. Minimal travel will be required. The Estimator will manage all aspects of developing cost estimates for large heavy civil projects. Responsibilities:
- Create detailed cost estimates arranged to follow the pricing format required by the project
- Research pricing for estimates based on historical and regional costs
- Provide high level scoping of the project to create the estimate summary and outsourcing control worksheets
- Lead outreach to subcontractor and supply community directly
- Visit project work sites, participate in pre-proposal meetings, clarify scope of work, and prepare RFI's;
- Evaluate projects for constructibility and value-engineer cost savings
- Work closely with SEMA personnel and other stakeholders to develop strategy, competitive differentiation, and an overall understanding of the project
- Understand and seek out specialty subcontractors and suppliers that fulfill the unique requirements of the project
- Develop and/or manage the development of a preliminary bid schedule
- Develop self-performed estimates for the trades that we choose to self-perform
- Work closely with subcontractors, suppliers, and other stakeholders through the bid process to understand and capture the complete scope of each trade in the scope summary sheets and the estimate at large
- Accurately utilize project plans and specifications to identify scopes of work, assign crews, schedules, materials and subcontracting opportunities
- Manage bid receipt of subcontractor and supplier pricing to develop SEMA's final selling price and offer
- Understand and manage SEMA's risk as part of the proposal preparation process
- Work with team to close the estimate in HCSS
- Work on a preliminary project schedule based on the information provided in the plans and specifications utilizing Primavera Contractor software
- Proposal development and technical writing
- 4 year BS degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- PE or EIT preferred but not required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of heavy civil estimating experience
- Experience in all aspects of heavy civil work preferred
- HCSS (Heavybid Software), Agtek, and Primavera P6 strongly preferred
- Alternate delivery experience preferred
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Sense of urgency and the ability to multi-task
- Highly productive and willing to manage a busy work schedule independently
- Superior verbal and written (including technical) communication skills
Rocky Mountain District General Application
Location: Rocky Mountain District
Salary Range: Negotiable
If you are interested in a specific position and we are not currently advertising for it in the Rocky Mountain District, you may submit your application/resume and we will keep it on-file for 60 days. After 60 days, you will need to submit a new application. If you are interested in submitting an application for future open positions, please click on the link below to complete an on-line application and/or attach your resume. Be sure to include the position you are interested in applying for on your application or resume. SEMA Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.APPLY NOW