SEMA Rocky Mountain District - Current Opportunities
Structural Design Engineer (Denver, CO)
Location: Centennial, Colorado
Salary Range: Based on Experience
SEMA Construction, Inc., recently named a Top Workplace, has a current opening in our Centennial, CO office for a Senior Structural Design Engineer. The qualified applicant will be a Licensed Professional Engineer in structural engineering as applied to highway bridges and other related highway structures. The Senior Structural Designer will work with our team of engineers for the pursuit, design, and production of various civil engineering projects. Detailed responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Visualize engineering concepts and translate to design drawings.
- Create innovative working methods to generate new ideas.
- Identify alternate solutions that relate to quality and best cost options.
- Prepare reports, exhibits, preliminary and final site development drawings, and plan & profiles from verbal instructions, notes, and other input material from supervising engineer.
- Use Civil 3D/Civil 3D-supported analysis and modeling software to perform design tasks such as site layouts, site grading, site drainage and utilities, surface modeling and analysis, creation of alignments, creation of corridors, profiles, sections, and material take-offs for cost opinions.
- Assist supervising engineer in collection of project requirements and materials for project design and documentation.
- Apply basic engineering design principles, theories, and practices to complete assignments and manage multiple deadlines.
- May assist supervising engineer and management as a technical specialist and advisor to mentor and train graduate engineers, and cad technicians.
- Ability to conform to company standards.
- Ability to organize and maintain project related information per company’s requirements and standards.
- Plan work independently with no supervision and consults others on technical details of their work.
- 10 years of structural design experience in civil projects
- Proficient in Civil/3D, Civil 3D supported software (SSA, Hydraflow), and AutoCAD
- Good working knowledge of Navisworks, Infraworks
- Knowledge of other software systems such as Microstation, Open Roads, and GeoPak a plus.
Cost Estimator (Denver, CO)
Location: Denver, Colorado
Salary Range: Based on Experience
SEMA Construction, recently named a Top Workplace, has an immediate opening for an experienced Cost Estimator with a background in heavy civil construction. The Cost Estimator will be based in our Centennial, Colorado office and be responsible for earthwork, structures, and underground utilities projects located within our Rocky Mountain District. Minimal travel will be required. The Estimator will manage all aspects of developing cost estimates for large heavy civil projects. Responsibilities:
- Create detailed cost estimates arranged to follow the pricing format required by the project
- Research pricing for estimates based on historical and regional costs
- Provide high level scoping of the project to create the estimate summary and outsourcing control worksheets
- Lead outreach to subcontractor and supply community directly
- Visit project work sites, participate in pre-proposal meetings, clarify scope of work, and prepare RFI's;
- Evaluate projects for constructibility and value-engineer cost savings
- Work closely with SEMA personnel and other stakeholders to develop strategy, competitive differentiation, and an overall understanding of the project
- Understand and seek out specialty subcontractors and suppliers that fulfill the unique requirements of the project
- Develop and/or manage the development of a preliminary bid schedule
- Develop self-performed estimates for the trades that we choose to self-perform
- Work closely with subcontractors, suppliers, and other stakeholders through the bid process to understand and capture the complete scope of each trade in the scope summary sheets and the estimate at large
- Accurately utilize project plans and specifications to identify scopes of work, assign crews, schedules, materials and subcontracting opportunities
- Manage bid receipt of subcontractor and supplier pricing to develop SEMA's final selling price and offer
- Understand and manage SEMA's risk as part of the proposal preparation process
- Work with team to close the estimate in HCSS
- Work on a preliminary project schedule based on the information provided in the plans and specifications utilizing Primavera Contractor software
- Proposal development and technical writing
- 4 year BS degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- PE or EIT preferred but not required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of heavy civil estimating experience
- Experience in all aspects of heavy civil work preferred
- HCSS (Heavybid Software), Agtek, and Primavera P6 strongly preferred
- Alternate delivery experience preferred
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Sense of urgency and the ability to multi-task
- Highly productive and willing to manage a busy work schedule independently
- Superior verbal and written (including technical) communication skills
Rocky Mountain District General Application
Location: Rocky Mountain District
Salary Range: Negotiable
If you are interested in a specific position and we are not currently advertising for it in the Rocky Mountain District, you may submit your application/resume and we will keep it on-file for 60 days. After 60 days, you will need to submit a new application. If you are interested in submitting an application for future open positions, please click on the link below to complete an on-line application and/or attach your resume. Be sure to include the position you are interested in applying for on your application or resume. SEMA Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.APPLY NOW