Structural Design Engineer (Denver, CO)
SEMA Construction, Inc., recently named a Top Workplace, has a current opening in our Centennial, CO office for a Senior Structural Design Engineer. The qualified applicant will be a Licensed Professional Engineer in structural engineering as applied to highway bridges and other related highway structures.
The Senior Structural Designer will work with our team of engineers for the pursuit, design, and production of various civil engineering projects. Detailed responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Visualize engineering concepts and translate to design drawings.
- Create innovative working methods to generate new ideas.
- Identify alternate solutions that relate to quality and best cost options.
- Prepare reports, exhibits, preliminary and final site development drawings, and plan & profiles from verbal instructions, notes, and other input material from supervising engineer.
- Use Civil 3D/Civil 3D-supported analysis and modeling software to perform design tasks such as site layouts, site grading, site drainage and utilities, surface modeling and analysis, creation of alignments, creation of corridors, profiles, sections, and material take-offs for cost opinions.
- Assist supervising engineer in collection of project requirements and materials for project design and documentation.
- Apply basic engineering design principles, theories, and practices to complete assignments and manage multiple deadlines.
- May assist supervising engineer and management as a technical specialist and advisor to mentor and train graduate engineers, and cad technicians.
- Ability to conform to company standards.
- Ability to organize and maintain project related information per company’s requirements and standards.
- Plan work independently with no supervision and consults others on technical details of their work.
- 10 years of structural design experience in civil projects
- Proficient in Civil/3D, Civil 3D supported software (SSA, Hydraflow), and AutoCAD
- Good working knowledge of Navisworks, Infraworks
- Knowledge of other software systems such as Microstation, Open Roads, and GeoPak a plus.
SEMA Construction, Inc. offers top wages and benefits to all employees. SEMA Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply, please click on the link below to complete our online application and attach your resume.