SEMA Construction, Inc., has an immediate opening for an experienced Project Engineer with a background in heavy civil construction. The Project Engineer will be based out of our Grapevine, TX (Dallas area) office and responsible for heavy civil projects within our Texas District. This person will assist the Project Manager with directing the field responsibilities for both self-performing and subcontracted trades.
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Coordinating with superintendents and foreman to ensure project goals and expectations are met.
- Assure project compliance with SEMA’s safety policies and OSHA safety standards.
- Must be able to manage changes in scope of work and be proficient in Viewpoint.
- Assist with schedule and coordinate with foreman and field personnel with daily schedules including materials, subcontractors, equipment, quality control, etc.
- Assist project planning to include project definition, scope, resources, and schedule.
- Assist with baseline schedule from the job estimate.
- Processes change orders as needed.
- Assist with contracts and provide customer support on all jobs.
- Assist and coordinate and delegate timely completion of traffic control plans, equipment mobilization, safety plans, haul road plans, erosion control plans, purchase ordering, job costing, and other duties as required.
- Coordinate with all sub-contractors for timely completion and quality.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be able to work independently and multi-task effectively.
- Construction Management or Engineering degree from a four-year university
- 4-6 years of TxDOT experience preferred
- A minimum of 4-6 years of project experience in heavy civil construction
- Proficiency in Viewpoint a plus
- Applicant must be a self-starter who operates independently and thrives in a busy environment
SEMA Construction offers competitive wages and benefits to all employees. SEMA Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please click on the link below to complete our online application and attach your resume. No calls please.