SEMA Construction, Inc., a large civil construction company, has an immediate opening for an experienced Project Manager with a background in heavy civil construction. The Project Manager will be based in our Centennial, CO office and responsible for projects within our Rocky Mountain District (CO/WY/NE/KS), therefore must be willing to travel. This person will direct the field responsibilities for both self-performing and subcontracted trades.
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Coordinating with superintendents and foreman to ensure project goals and expectations are met.
- Assure project compliance with SEMA’s safety policies and OSHA safety standards.
- Must be able to manage changes in scope of work and be proficient in Viewpoint.
- Schedule and supervise foreman and field personnel with daily schedules including materials, subcontractors, equipment, quality control, etc.
- Prepare project planning to include project definition, scope, resources, budget, and schedule.
- Establish baseline schedule from the job estimate.
- Manage project budget and processes change orders as needed.
- Negotiate contracts and provide customer support on all jobs.
- Coordinate and delegate timely completion of traffic control plans, equipment mobilization, safety plans, haul road plans, erosion control plans, purchase ordering, job costing, and other duties as required.
- Manage all sub-contractors for timely completion and quality.
- Directs multiple projects simultaneously.
- Construction Management or Engineering degree from a four-year university
- Minimum of five years of project experience in heavy civil construction
- Proficiency in Viewpoint a plus
- Applicant must be a self-starter who operates independently and thrives in a busy environment
SEMA Construction offers competitive wages and benefits to all employees. SEMA Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please click on the link below to complete our online application and attach your resume. No calls please.