SEMA Construction, Inc., voted a 2018 Top Workplace by the Denver Post, has an immediate opening for an experienced Project Manager with a background in heavy civil construction.
The Project Manager will be responsible for a heavy rail project located near Wichita, Kansas. The Project Engineer will assist Project Management in the direction of field responsibilities for both self-performing and subcontracted trades.
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Coordinating with superintendents and foremen to ensure project goals and expectations are met.
- Assure project compliance with SEMA’s safety policies and OSHA safety standards.
- Manage changes in scope of work and be proficient in Viewpoint.
- Manager schedule and coordinate with foreman and field personnel with daily schedules including materials, subcontractors, equipment, quality control, etc.
- Help manage baseline schedule from the job estimate.
- Processes change orders as needed.
- Manage contracts and provide customer support on all jobs.
- Coordinate and delegate timely completion of traffic control plans, equipment mobilization, safety plans, haul road plans, erosion control plans, purchase ordering, job costing, and other duties as required.
- Coordinate with all subcontractors for timely completion and quality.
- Construction Management or Engineering degree from a four-year university
- Three to five years of project experience in heavy civil construction
- Experience working with BNSF, UPRR, or CSX
- Proficiency in Viewpoint is preferred
- Applicant must be a self-starter who operates independently and thrives in a busy environment
SEMA Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.