Project Engineer (Jacksonville, FL)
SEMA Construction, Inc., recently named a Top Workplace, has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer with three years of experience and a background in heavy civil construction. The Project Engineer will be responsible for a heavy civil project in Jacksonville, Florida. This person must have experience with FDOT and other Florida agencies, and will assist with the field responsibilities for both self-performing and subcontracted trades. Applicant must also be willing to work on other projects located within SEMA’s Southeast District in Florida.
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Coordinating with superintendents and foremen to ensure project goals and expectations are met.
- Assure project compliance with SEMA’s safety policies and OSHA safety standards.
- Must be able to manage changes in scope of work and be proficient in Viewpoint.
- Assist with schedule and coordinate with foremen and field personnel with daily schedules including materials, subcontractors, equipment, quality control, etc.
- Assist project planning to include project definition, scope, resources, and schedule.
- Assist with baseline schedule from the job estimate.
- Processes change orders as needed.
- Assist with contracts and provide customer support on all jobs.
- Assist with, coordinate, and delegate timely completion of traffic control plans, equipment mobilization, safety plans, erosion control plans, purchase ordering, job costing, and other duties as required.
- Coordinate with all subcontractors for timely completion and quality.
- Construction Management or Engineering degree from a four-year university
- Minimum of five years of project experience in heavy civil construction
- Experience with FDOT heavy civil construction projects
- Proficiency in Viewpoint
- Applicant must be a self-starter who operates independently and thrives in a busy environment
SEMA Construction offers top wages and benefits to all employees. SEMA Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please click on the link below to complete our online application and attach your resume. No calls please.