SEMA Construction, Inc., recently voted a Top Workplace by the Denver Post for the third year in a row, has immediate openings for an experienced Project Engineer with a background in heavy civil construction. The Project Engineer will be responsible for assisting with projects located within our Rocky Mountain District in Colorado Springs, CO.
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Coordinating with superintendents and foremen to ensure project goals and expectations are met.
- Assisting Project Manager to assure project compliance with SEMA’s safety policies and OSHA safety standards.
- Must be able to manage changes in scope of work and be proficient in Viewpoint.
- Assist with schedule and coordinate with foreman and field personnel with daily schedules including materials, subcontractors, equipment, quality control, etc.
- Assist project planning to include project definition, scope, resources, and schedule.
- Assist with baseline schedule from the job estimate.
- Processes change orders as needed.
- Assist with contracts and provide customer support on all jobs.
- Assist and coordinate and delegate timely completion of traffic control plans, equipment mobilization, safety plans, haul road plans, erosion control plans, purchase ordering, job costing, and other duties as required.
- Coordinate with all sub-contractors for timely completion and quality.
- Construction Management or Engineering degree from a four-year university
- 5+ years of project experience in heavy civil construction for jobs exceeding $100+Million
- Experience working with CDOT and City & County of Denver preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Applicant must be a problem solver and self-starter who operates independently and thrives in a busy environment
- Proven ability to stay with a single employer for over three years
To apply, please click on the link below to complete our online application and attach a resume. No calls please.
SEMA Construction offers competitive wages and benefits to all employees. SEMA Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.