Preconstruction Estimating Coordinator
SEMA Construction, Inc., recently voted a Top Workplace by the Denver Post, has an immediate opening for a Preconstruction Coordinator with a background in heavy civil construction. This role will be responsible for driving and coordinating the completion of all processes associated with estimating and bidding of projects to the point of project award and hand-off to project management. The Pre Construction Coordinator position will be located in our Denver office.
- Reviewing and incorporating historical data from purchase orders, bid tabulations, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports job costs system, etc. into unit cost, man-hour, and crew production figures
- Sourcing vendors and subcontractors for various projects, discussing and obtaining appropriate quotations in coordination with the purchasing department
- Reviewing contracts prior to bid to ensure that terms, conditions, exclusions, and qualifications are included in the owner’s contract and in compliance with original corporate proposal
- Follow up on and drive the completion of open issues on assigned bids
- Ensuring all bid documents are completed and submitted timely as needed for any given project
- Act as the main point of contact for external clients for notification and coordination of all bid related items
- All other duties and tasks as assigned
- 5+ years of similar experience progressive responsibility and proven technical aptitude
- Training and/or exposure to subcontractor contract management
- Construction industry experience strongly preferred
SEMA Construction, Inc. offers top wages and benefits to all employees. SEMA Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.