SEMA Construction, Inc., recently named a Top Workplace, has an immediate opening for an Earthwork Superintendent for a heavy rail construction project near Wichita, KS. The Earthwork Superintendent will report to the Earthwork Operations Director and will schedule all self-performed work and subcontracted work, coordinate field crews through directives given to foremen, as well as plan and schedule all requirements to control labor, equipment and material costs. This individual will be responsible for the timely completion of assigned operations and stay within budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pre-plan of work activities to meet contract, schedule and quality requirements including safety action plans.
- Review all contracts, project documentation and plans to ensure the work in the field is built to specifications.
- Oversee field personnel, schedules and construction operations.
- Manage field operations and coordinate work with other personnel and subcontractors.
- Provide leadership and direction to field crew.
- Responsible for job performance as it relates to company goals, safety audits and company policies and procedures including training, orientation, discipline, etc.
- Emphasize safety, quality and production.
- Train and motivates employees.
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks including weekly and look ahead schedules, production reports, equipment logs, inspection reports, change orders, and updating project files.
- May operate heavy equipment and assist with labor when needed.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in bridge and heavy highway construction.
- Knowledge of all aspects of bridge and highway construction.
- Desire and willingness to adapt to various work disciplines, contract types and Owners.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards.
- Ability to read and understand project specific documents including plans, schedules, and specifications.
- Ability to keep records and to prepare work and time reports.
- Ability to understand and efficiently carry out instructions.
- Ability to supervise the work of others and clearly communicate instructions to crew.
- Through knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work being performed.
- Strong client relation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional with solid knowledge with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to effectively work outdoors at construction sites and operate heavy equipment if necessary.
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, climb, balance, lift, bend, and move objects up to 50 pounds.
- Willingness to be exposed to all weather conditions including very wet, hot and cold elements.
SEMA offers competitive wages and benefits to all employees. SEMA Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please click on the link below and attach a resume.