SEMA Construction, Inc., recently named a Top Workplace by the Denver Post, has an immediate opening for an experienced Benefits Specialist located at our corporate headquarters in Centennial, Colorado.
The Benefits Specialist will be responsible for managing the administration of all benefits and retirement programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and SEMA’s 401(k) plan. The Benefits Specialist will report to SEMA’s Chief Financial Officer and manage the administration of benefits for a workforce comprised of approximately 700 employees within five legal entities, including both union and non-union, with both private and government work.
- Process and administer COBRA, LOA, FMLA paperwork
- Track and file Affordable Care Act requirements
- Assist employees in enrolling in medical, dental, and vision insurance plans and with plan changes
- Respond to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries
- Respond to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts
- Manage the annual catch-up contribution enrollment
- Assist with Open Enrollment process
- Assist with the design and maintenance of SEMA Companies’ HR Benefits plans
- Provide ongoing support for the Payroll department
- Evaluate the costs and benefits of Wellness Programs
- Prior career experience that demonstrates benefits administration expertise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (both English and Spanish preferred)
- Superior relationship management, across all levels of employees
- Deadline-driven and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible to changing priorities
- Experience in the construction industry preferred, but not required
- Fluent in Microsoft Office products, and experience with Viewpoint is a plus
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in HR, business, or a related field
- At least three years of work experience in HR with benefits administration
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential preferred
SEMA Construction offers top industry wages and competitive benefits to all employees. SEMA Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please click on the link below and attach a resume. NO CALLS PLEASE.