SEMA Construction, Inc., a large and established heavy civil construction firm, has an immediate opening for an Accounting Intern with an educational background in accounting or finance. The Accounting Intern will be based in our Centennial, Colorado office and assist our Chief Financial Officer with various day-to-day bookkeeping and administrative tasks. Candidates for this position should have a basic understanding of GAAP and other accounting principles, and must be organized, have a positive attitude, and be excited to learn. This position offers exposures to all parts of accounting, including revenue, fixed assets, accounts receivable, and accounts payable and is a great opportunity to learn and work with various team members.
This is 10-20 hours/week, paid internship position that offers schedule flexibility.
- Assist with research and preparation of support to record journal entries
- Assist with various month-end close procedures, including account reconciliations and tie-outs
- Analyze data to identify improvements and develop project plans to implement those improvements
- Assist the billing team with cash collections
- Assist with meeting various reporting requirements to management or other key stakeholders
- Take on additional tasks or projects, as needed
- Pursuing an accounting or business degree with a minimum of 2 years completed
- Minimum GPA of at least 3.0
- Completion of at least 1 introductory accounting course
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal skills
- Candidate must demonstrate a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a willingness to learn
SEMA Construction, Inc. offers competitive wages and benefits to all employees. SEMA Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please click on the link below to complete our online application and attach your resume. No calls please.